As the population of the new town of Bexhill grew, in 1891 a new parish of St Barnabas was created from the original, old parish of St Peter.
In 1898, the St. Barnabas Boys’ School opened in Reginald Road. It closed during the Second World War, but, unlike the Infant’s and the Girls’ school in Western Road, reopened afterward. After a re-organisation in 1951, it became a junior mixed and infants’ school up until its closure in 1956.
In 1956, the Boy’s School, together with the Girls’ and Infants’ Schools, were replaced by St Peter and St Paul’s School.
During WW2, an above-ground air-raid shelter was built outside the building and is still there, today.