A swimming bath or pool of some kind occupied this site from the time the park was laid out in 1888 up until its final demolition in 1986.
The original swimming bath was created by lining an old salting depression with concrete and bringing in sea water through an iron pipe.
Over the years the pool deteriorated badly so, in 1937, it was reconstructed with a water filter and a chlorination plant.
On 31st July, 1937, it was re-opened by the Mayor (Councillor Cuthbert) with the Bexhill Swimming Club opening the events.
The last upgrade to the pool was made in the 1970s and a café was also added.