St Andrew’s Church


St Andrew’s Church – c2017

St Andrew’s church, in Wickham Avenue, was founded as a mission church of St Barnabas, in 1900, and, from 1931, was the church of the conventional district of West Bexhill which, in 1934, became the parish of St. Augustine when the church of that name was consecrated.

The Church closed in 2011 but the building still stands today (2017) though a developer wants to demolish the empty church and build a four-storey building on the site with ten flats with parking spaces. Pressure from local people has managed to get two previous applications withdrawn as there is concern over losing a heritage site, which was designed by the architect, John B. Wall who also constructed the Colonnade.

Scroll to Top