Belle Hill Chapel

The Wesleyan Methodist Chapel on Belle Hill was built in 1825 on land that had previously been part of the Bexhill barracks site; it was extended in 1887.

A small building, for use as a Sunday School, was added to the left hand side of the chapel, in 1869 and extended in 1892.

A mission hall was built in Station road in 1890 following the development of the resort.

The Belle Hill Chapel closed in 1938 and its congregation merged with that of Springfield Road Methodist


Scroll to Top