Rank: Private 47900
Regiment or Ship: 3/5th Bn Lancashire Fusiliers 11th Division
Service Number(s): 47900
Date of Birth: 1898
Place of Birth: Bexhill
Date of Death: 14.11.1917
Place of Death: Ypres Place of Burial / Memorials:
1. Tyne Cot Memorial, Belgium.
2. Town War Memorial Bexhill.
3. St.Stephen’s Church Memorial Bexhill , as Stanley F.F.
4. St.Oswald’s Church Memorial Hooe as Stanley Ernest Francis.
5. St. Peter’s Church Memorial Bexhill
Address: "Woodlands,” Mount Pleasant, Bexhill
Photos and newspaper articles
Father: Ernest 1861
Mother: Clara 1873
Ernest Dodson married Clara Wood in the September quarter of 1897, in Bexhill. They only had one son, Francis Ernest Stanley, and no record has been found of a marriage but, in 1917, he would have been only 19 years of age.
First World War Experience
He served in France and Flanders.